Friday, April 2, 2010

I've Proven My Dedication

Have you ever seen a band four times?
and not trying to brag, but do they recognize you at their shows?
Well that is the connection the White Rabbits and I share, even if it just involves me shaking the bands' hands a little too vigorously after a show.

Well today I bought my 5th ever ticket to see my favorite live band, the White Rabbits.
So with use links Ill try to show you why I think they are the best-kept-secret-band on the circuit today.

1. The recordings just don't do justice to the shear volume of their live show (they have two drummers!)

2. They never play a song the same way live as it sounds on their recordings. Every live show is something completely new!

3. They truly do it for the fans and for the love of the music. Very intense and personal stage presence

EXAMPLE:

As I said before, I've seen these guys four times now. Since the week after they released their first LP to almost a year after the release of their second, I have been extremely familiar with their sound(s).

I first fell in love with this B-side that I heard them play at two shows but had never found online. The song was so popular that when it hit the web in .mp3 it was only recognized as 'Untitled'

You can hear there very first version of this song HERE

SAME SONG, but almost 2 or 3 years later, I finally heard it with its new name 'The Lady Vanishes' on their second LP 'It's Frightening'.
In my opinion, it was one of the weakest songs on the album..
Much too vocal-y and guitar-y y'know?

But then I saw them in concert for the fourth time(after the release of It's Frightening) and they COMPLETELY CHANGED the song, Again!
It was awesome, firs thing that came to my mind was a Mission Impossible type feel with a low bass that makes you feel like you're being chased.

So here is the original It's Frightening version of The Lady Vanishes, and the next video is the LIVE, AWESOME version.

CHECK IT OUT !



Best Edit, right here

No comments:

Post a Comment